RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelter View Post
... I have the BC246T. I successfully updated the firmware on the scanner to the latest version and also updated my ARC246 software. The question is (and it may be a dumb one), do I create a new group with new frequencies or modify an existing one?
With those updates it'll go smoothly. You do not need to create a new system or site or groups (assuming you had the old Wauk. TRS programmed). In ARC246 change your old Waukesha County TRS frequencies to the new ones. Then, in ARC246, change the bandplan to "800 MHz Custom." Inside that, change to "Rebanded." Save everything and you should be good to go. I changed a 246T this way and it works fine.

Last edited by radio50; 10-26-2010 at 9:00 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2010, 1:35 PM

Got it...So, simply use the group I have (which was the Waukesha frequencies). Where is the list of frequencies to change "to" and I see how to edit the plan to 800Mhz custom and then rebanded. Then do I use the default values after clicking the rebanded?
Old 10-26-2010, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Got it...So, simply use the group I have (which was the Waukesha frequencies). Where is the list of frequencies to change "to" and I see how to edit the plan to 800Mhz custom and then rebanded. Then do I use the default values after clicking the rebanded?
The list of freqs is in the database on this website, or I have included it below. I put all of the freqs into ARC246, but theoretically you could simply enter the red control channel freqs and tell ARC246 that you want to use "Control Channel Only" and it should work.

Yes, use the default "rebanded" numbers that ARC246 fills in. When you say "group" I think you may mean "site." Group is a collection of talkgroups. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on any of this).
Attached Images

Last edited by radio50; 10-26-2010 at 3:21 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 5:27 PM

So I uploaded the new items into the scanner, but now it only scans to other counties and won't even scan to the Waukesha frequencies. It's as though they aren't on the scanner and it won't let me select System 1 (Waukesha). Any help?
Old 10-26-2010, 6:15 PM

Quote:
So I uploaded the new items into the scanner, but now it only scans to other counties and won't even scan to the Waukesha frequencies. It's as though they aren't on the scanner and it won't let me select System 1 (Waukesha). Any help?
Hmmm. So if you turn off all the other systems (and the scanner says "Scan Mode, Nothing to Scan") and then press "1" it still says "Nothing to Scan"? Do you have System Quick Key 1 set for that system (like I have Key 6 for mine, below)?"

If you want to save your Waukesha system as a .mem file and zip it and post it here, I could take a look at it in ARC246 to see if there's anything obvious.
Attached Images

Last edited by radio50; 10-26-2010 at 6:37 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2010, 8:16 PM

Smile BC246T Rebanding

I reprogrammed by BC246T without the ACR246...You can check out my website at the link below for the instructions. I must say, All the help I got to get my scanner rebanded came from this website. Everyone was and is a great help!

Rebanding Scanner
Old 10-26-2010, 9:40 PM

All good now and thanks for the help. Had one frequency off (my fault). Now everything is working great. Thanks again!
Old 10-27-2010, 2:05 AM

Default Pro-97 Rebradning/ can someone help

I understand that the rebranding is going on, and i noticed that the Waukesha section has been updated, I have all the frequencies keyed in but im still having problems, I dont really understand the math formula noted on the rebranding section
Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

Is there a way around the rebranding? Im not really interested in buying a new scanner just to make this work and can someone either explain it a little more or provide the answers for the formula (if that makes sence)

I use a Pro-97
Win97 software from starrsoft
Win XP Pro
Old 10-27-2010, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takyrob View Post
Is there a way around the rebranding? Im not really interested in buying a new scanner just to make this work and can someone either explain it a little more or provide the answers for the formula (if that makes sence)
Unfortunately, from the Rebanding page you reference, it appears the Pro-97 will not properly handle a rebanded system such as the Waukesha County TRS. From what I have read, Motorola redefined the meaning of their channel numbers, so when an older radio is commanded to go to certain redefined channels, it now goes to the wrong frequency. Newer radios understand the new definition, and work as desired. There's no practical way to "repair" an old radio to make it work like a newer one.

You could program in all the frequencies as a conventional (non-trunked) system and hear bits and pieces of conversations, but that would get old fast. Someone else may have a suggestion.

Many of us are facing the same problem -- in my case two of my five scanners are suddenly "old."

Last edited by radio50; 10-27-2010 at 4:23 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2010, 6:30 PM

Thanks Radio50,
I kind of figured that but I thouught I would have a little hope, who knows, someone may figure out something, Ill keep my fingers crossed (but only until I get a cramp :-) )
Old 11-06-2010, 12:58 PM

hey I have the same scanner as you I believe, the Radioshack Pro-162, right? i need to reprogram my scanner aswell the the new Milwaukee and Waukesha rebanded channels, can you tell me how, i dont have a clue how to do it ok, thanks! u can email be at bwlrdrumr32789@aol.com with info
Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default pro-164

Could someone email me the notes for reprogramming Milwaukee and Waukesha? I am picking up some stuff for Waukesha but it is very staticy. I did make it custom/reband in ARC-300. My email is chibben@sbcglobal.net. Thank you to anyone who can help.
Old 11-19-2010, 3:27 PM

Does anyone have a bc346xt
Old 08-20-2011, 3:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

[QUOTE=OpSec;1399118]You're the system administrator of a multi-million dollar trunked system, and you type like that? Go ahead, tell another one while you're at it.

Waukesha County Radio Services

Just so everyone knows, KC9IQO is NOT the Waukesha Trunking System Admin. Any more questions or comments please feel free to contact me via personal message.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:24 PM

Waukesha Man Charged After Disrupting Police Radio Communication - Waukesha, WI Patch
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2013, 5:00 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default KC9IQO Criminal Police Report for Keying up on the WCTRS....

Some names have been blanked out for protection purposes.....mine is mentioned several times....I was found to be innocent in this matter and no longer associate with campos.......enjoy

http://db.tt/H2n7aKwd
Old 07-31-2013, 2:27 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Re: Waukesha County TRS rebanding

John what I don't understand is if your the system administrator for the Waukesha TRS. Why did you need to pay Mr Vanhoogan $20 and gas to clone a fire department radio for you to test 6-700 times?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-31-2013, 4:41 AM

Default Waukesha County TRS rebanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc9iqo View Post
kyle go to hell you stay out of my business jackass!!!!!!!!!

My, my,..........a little touchy, are we?
Old 07-31-2013, 9:20 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezhead View Post
John what I don't understand is if your the system administrator for the Waukesha TRS. Why did you need to pay Mr Vanhoogan $20 and gas to clone a fire department radio for you to test 6-700 times?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Just remember Mr. Campos' name when your county replaces that system with an encrypted, walled garden phase 2 network, or LTE, or other some unmonitorable technology.

I'm sure his 600-700 violations of the Comm Act of 1934 and headache he caused for the Waukesha Radio Services department will not be forgotten. Too bad he didn't have a temper tantrum and throw his MTS2000 off his apartment rooftop...maybe he wouldn't have obsessive compulsively felt the need to illegally access the system hundreds of times. (The MTS probably would have survived anyway).

What a sad example of ham radio. Just what we DON'T need.

Oh by the way, your incident was mentioned by an agency as far south as the great corrupt state of Georgia for their need to run 100 percent encryption on a new upcoming P25 phase 2 system. Thanks so much for your precision work Mr. Campos.

Turd.
Old 08-01-2013, 9:44 AM
Silent Key - Aug 2014
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Topic Closed

Well, apparently this has gone completely off the rails.
Closed Thread