Brown Deer Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
Brown Deer is now being dispatched on the Bayside, Fox Point & River Hills police frequency.

"Recently, the Governing Bodies of Shorewood, Brown Deer, Glendale, and Whitefish Bay approved contracts to consolidate dispatch services in Bayside. The contract will consolidate the two North Shore dispatch centers into one, located in Bayside, and service the seven North Shore communities of Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, River Hills, Glendale, Shorewood, and Whitefish Bay for Police and Fire dispatch services." Bayside, WI - Official Website - Dispatch

radio50

Brown Deer is now being dispatched on the Bayside, Fox Point & River Hills police frequency.

Interesting -- it does sound (on the radio) like Brown Deer PD (3xx squads) have joined Bayside, Fox Point and River Hills on MCTRS TG 16208.

The article makes it seem like BD is simply being dispatched from the Bayside console, not implying a TG change. We'll have to see how this all shakes out.

Last edited:

doublem

Premium Subscriber
It's been known for quite some time that there were plans to consolidate the BD, TriComm ( GD, SD and WFB), Bayside, Fox Point and River Hills. Having said that, the assumption for me was that it would all take place once the new Bayside facility was built. No so! I heard 3xx squads on the Bayside, Fox Point and River Hills which prompted me to call Bayside and confirm. What will become of BD's TG? Interesting for sure.

radio50

I had heard about how combined dispatching was coming too, but I thought it simply meant that there'd be one dispatcher (person) doing the job, and that everybody would keep their old talkgroups. It reminded me slightly of how Thiensville is sometimes dispatched from Thiensville, and sometimes by the Ozaukee Sheriff, but the TG doesn't change. Looks like it's going to be a lot different than what I had pictured.

Will there be just one North Shore talkgroup, then? That might get pretty busy.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

mkescan

I heard there was talk of just 2 Dispatch talkgroups. 1 North & 1 South. Info from a scanning group is the one we hear now is called NDISP

Status
Not open for further replies.