Waukesha TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

unodonut

Does anyone know when Waukesha County is switching from analog to digital? I dont feel like buying a Trunking Scanner now just to get rid of it and spend the extra money to get a Digital Trunking Scanner....

CrabbyMilton

Glad to have you in our area so WELCOME. Sadly, the both MFD and MPD are on OPEN SKY so you can't monitor them. But there are the suburban departments to hear for which the info can be found on the data base section of this site.

KC9TGE

Waukesha County Digital

Does anyone know when Waukesha County is switching from analog to digital? I dont feel like buying a Trunking Scanner now just to get rid of it and spend the extra money to get a Digital Trunking Scanner....

I read in a memo from MIlwaukee County that they will be building out their P25 system within 2-3 years. This is the same time that Waukesha County will be doing their switch over to P25.

If I read the memo correctly, this will be a combined system for both counties.

You can buy a trunking scanner today that does both analog and digital. Uniden, GRE and Radio Shack (rebranded GRE) have that type of scanners available now.

Hope this helps a bit,

Dave

unodonut

I spoke with a Lieutenant with the City of Waukesha Fire Department who informed me that just recently, their public safety system went digital. Does anybody have any information on this?

WQJQ863

Can't Follow Simple Instructions
Banned
I spoke with a Lieutenant with the City of Waukesha Fire Department who informed me that just recently, their public safety system went digital. Does anybody have any information on this?

To tell you the truth no they are not digital yet until 2-3 years

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber

rebanded recently? yes. Digital? no. 2014 was the purposed rollout date.

ntroudt

so why then about 2-3 years ago my Pro-97 scanner went bad, it wouldn't pick anything up. went into raido shack and the guy told me that they went digital? picked up a pro 106 digtal scanner

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
Not even probably. Radioshack knows little of scanning and scanners, despite the fact that they sell them. Whenever I go to Radioshack with my scanner on me, many of THEM will ask ME questions. I once had an employee ask me if what I had was a police scanner!

To answer your question on your old scanner, it probably stopped working when Waukesha went through rebanding (I think that was 2 years ago). They moved down from 856 MHz area (I think) to 851 MHz.

Moral of the story: just because they sold it to you, doesn't mean they know anything about it:D

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
The reason your scanner stopped working was because Waukesha County rebanded there system about 2 years ago from 867-868mhz down to 851-852 and 853mhz range. Waukesha county won't be going digital till probably next year or so, they are in a study/consulting process right now and its going to be linked with Milwaukee county. They are still unsure if they want 2 systems or one big system for both counties. If you have time feel free to visit this website Radio Advisory Council they have excellent info

ntroudt

Okay thanks, so if the scanner i
Bought is a digtal trunking then it will be fine when they go digtal?

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
Yes it will.

In the meantime, you can listen Washington County and WISCOM (as it becomes more active)

Status
Not open for further replies.