wauwatosa police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi. New member. Looking to get access to Wauwatosa, WI police bands. Need a shove in the right direction. Will something like the Uniden HomePatrol be able to accomplish this?

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Can anyone confirm that Wauwatosa police is accessible with the scanner mentioned above? Thanks!

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
Home Patrol is capable of tuning into Wauwatosa, as well as all other suburban departments in Milwaukee

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
Correct.Wauwatosa is on the County system, separate from the city's system

The County system is a "Motorola Type II Smartnet" (i.e. can be monitored), which has everything except Greenfield and the City. Greenfield is on another system, of the same type, so it can also be monitored.

WA9TED

Milwaukee PD is on the "wonderful" opensky system. Digital proprietary trunked network which to best of my knowledge is not scanable. Yes I listen to Tosa dispatch on my radio shack PRO-163 tuned to the milwaukee county trunk system (which will give you every department in the county except MPD of course). The home patrol should work fine. I think that scanner will program the talk group ID for you for Tosa.

P.S. I say wonderful in quotes because the department has had nothing but issues with the system. (Thank the "wonderful" Mayor:) )

Hope this helps!

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
In all reality, there are two ways to attempt to listen to Opensky, neither one very good.

1) Mod your scanner to use a Digital Speech Decoder and modify the DSD software so it can effectively decode the audio. However, you would have to be a highly skilled software programmer and have a lot of time to modify the DSD.

2) Steal one from a Squad Car or a Fire Truck. I would highly recommend NOT doing that AT ALL. That would be a one way ticket to prison with a nice charge of Grand Larceny.

In the end, your best chance is that Milwaukee will scrap Opensky like Las Vegas scrapped Desert Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.