Mke/greenfield 396xt background hiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

waukeshapilot

Premium Subscriber
Anybody else notice this? Started about 4-5 weeks ago. Four to 5 bars solid, cystal clear and then annoying background hiss.Comms can start out clear then start hiss or can start clear then hiss.Unit still under warranty and Uniden service says send it in. Location doesn't matter, antenna doesn't matter, Control Channel doesn't matter, reloaded the radio w/RR Database, no help. I can still understand everything they are saying but it's just annoying to be in the clear and then the ssssssssss in the background. It occurs on both systems at any time, not heat/time related. Scanner on from 6am to 9pm, through headphones day and speaker at night. Just curious before it goes in to the service dept. Thanks.

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
If i knew what kind of hiss it was, i could help you out better. Could you could get a sound clip of it and attach it?

waukeshapilot

Premium Subscriber
I supose i could attach a sound clip, but it might have hiss for 20 minutes, then clear for 5, I wouldn't want to waste your time. I was just wondering if this was a system wide issue or just my radio. It seems to have 3 different levels of hiss from what I heard tonight with an earplug in. I'll keep trying, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.