RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 7:56 PM

Default Mke/greenfield 396xt background hiss

Anybody else notice this? Started about 4-5 weeks ago. Four to 5 bars solid, cystal clear and then annoying background hiss.Comms can start out clear then start hiss or can start clear then hiss.Unit still under warranty and Uniden service says send it in. Location doesn't matter, antenna doesn't matter, Control Channel doesn't matter, reloaded the radio w/RR Database, no help. I can still understand everything they are saying but it's just annoying to be in the clear and then the ssssssssss in the background. It occurs on both systems at any time, not heat/time related. Scanner on from 6am to 9pm, through headphones day and speaker at night. Just curious before it goes in to the service dept. Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2013, 4:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If i knew what kind of hiss it was, i could help you out better. Could you could get a sound clip of it and attach it?
Old 03-22-2013, 7:44 PM

I supose i could attach a sound clip, but it might have hiss for 20 minutes, then clear for 5, I wouldn't want to waste your time. I was just wondering if this was a system wide issue or just my radio. It seems to have 3 different levels of hiss from what I heard tonight with an earplug in. I'll keep trying, thanks.