Milwaukee Fire Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
The VHF Frequencies are no longer used.

In all reality, there are 3 ways to attempt to listen to MFD.

1) Use a Discriminator tap and open source Digital Speech Decoder, with some additional code modifying and a lot of messing around - For those who have exceptional knowledge in the electronics and computer field.

2) Wait and hope that Milwaukee goes the way of Las Vegas and drops the system, or wait until a scanner capable of listening to Opensky becomes available - You will be waiting for quite some time, because neither are projected to happen soon

3) Steal one out of one of the rigs - Highly recommend AGAINST that, because that's a FELONY.

So In all reality, unless you know someone who knows computers and electronics very well, you're pretty much stuck in the mud

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There's always the option of asking if the fire department would become an official feed provider. Some fire departments are willing to do that and some are not.

They could tie one of their radios into a computer and send it out via Broadcastify.

mkescan

There's always the option of asking if the fire department would become an official feed provider. Some fire departments are willing to do that and some are not.

They could tie one of their radios into a computer and send it out via Broadcastify.

I talked to somebody high up at MFD last year. They told me a online feed provided by them will never happen, and no receive only radios will be sold or rented, for a feed.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like for those that are going to the convention, no need to bring scanners for Milwaukee?

CrabbyMilton

You can bring your scanners but you just can't listen to MPD and MFD. The suburban fire and police departments can easily be monitored as well as countless other non public safety comms.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Hi Crabby Milton,

Thanks for the tip. Any suggestions on what I should program to my Uniden BDC396XT? I am not from the area so I am not sure what to program. Maybe you can send me a private message if you wish.

Milton

CrabbyMilton

You can find all the info you could want on this fine board in the data base section.. Milwaukee and Waukesha counties are a good place to start. Be sure and make time to go to the muster at the Milwaukee Safety Academy unless you are all set for that.

CrabbyMilton

I can't seem to find a direct link at this time but the muster will be held at the Milwaukee Safety Academy Saturday. 6880 N Teutonia. It's pretty much an all day event and the building houses a small musuem devoted to Milwaukee fire and police history

mkescan

The Great Milwaukee MusterSaturday July 13, 2013; 8am - 1pm: This year it's being held in conjunction with the International Fire Buffs Associates Convention. Come join the fun at the Milwaukee Safety Academy, 6680 N. Teutonia Av., Milwaukee, WI.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I plan to be there. Thanks for the tips. Hope there for everything.. If all goes well, I will be there Tuesday afternoon.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Just got back fromt he Milwaukee Fire Muster. Thank you all for your help. Had a great time at the fire buff convention and muster.

Milt

Status
Not open for further replies.