Milwaukee County Suburban Fire / Milwaukee Fire Shared Services Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legoboy3998

Dose anyone know what the "frequencies" are for all of those channels? The database has Firecom Patch, Firecom 1, 2, 3, and IFERN Patch. Are these still correct and what are the additional Firecom and 8TacRed "frequencies".

Also, any updates with the control channels for the Milwaukee County Public Safety system? I listen to the North Shore Fire and Police, and get long (multiple hours) periods of no conversations. it was suggested that if there are some control or alternate channels that I don't have, that that may account for that.

Thanks,
Sal
WFB, WI

mkescan

Firecom 1 32848
Firecom 2 32880
Firecom 3 32912
Firecom 4 34896
Firecom 5 34928
8-TAC RED 851.4500 (156.7)
8-TAC WHITE 851.9500 (156.7)
8-TAC BLUE 852.4500 (156.7)

Legoboy3998

Thanks Mike. I am using a Uniden BC346XT, where would I program the *-TAC channels? Would I put those frequencies in with the system control frequencies?

The other night I heard the North Shore Battalion Chief at a car fire telling all units to use "channel 16 Maintenance Red" (at least I think that's what he said) Any thought on the TGID for that and any other "new" channels the North Shore is using, or how I can look them up?

Thanks again,
Sal
WFB, WI

Legoboy3998

Any *-TAC or *-CALL frequencies are conventional interoperability channels and would go in a conventional system/group.

I'm still a little confused, sorry. (I'm not that well versed with this stuff). So they would get programmed with the 4 other 85X.XXXX channels for the Milwaukee County Public Safety system, or would I create a new system? I would think with the 4 other 85X.XXXX right?

Sorry and thanks again.
Sal
WFB, WI

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
So they would get programmed with the 4 other 85X.XXXX channels for the Milwaukee County Public Safety system, or would I create a new system?

Background:
Interoperability channels are used to communicate with different agencies that use use different radio systems. Much like OpenSKY radios will not work on the MCPS and vice versa, interoperability channels allow the users of each system to talk to each other. The statewide interoperability list is below and the nationwide list is on the main database page.
Interoperability (Conventional) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

In your case, you will need a new (or existing) "conventional system" for these since they are not related to the Milwaukee County Public Safety system.

Status
Not open for further replies.