Racine County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I haven't been hearing traffic on the 151.175 "West Simulcast" repeater lately. For a while that was simulcasted with 154.755.

Today, there was an emergency on channel 1 and dispatch advised non-emergency traffic to go to Channel 2, which ended up being the 151.175 repeater.

Can anyone else confirm, before I submit a database update? Otherwise I will wait until I hear it referred to as Channel 2 again before I submit. It's definitely not repeating 154.755 right now.

According to license KBF277, 151.175 can be present at all 4 tower sites, so its application could have changed.

Josh

prowisscan

I have heard 151.175 referred to as channel "2" numerous times when there is emergency traffic on channel "1" 154.755. I've also heard this frequency used when units want to communicate with each other without tying up traffic on channel "1".

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
It hasnt been a simulcast in a number of years, As far as I remember, its always been their 2nd operations channel. Sheriff 2 is also MCS9's backup channel (Mt Pleasant/Caledonia/Sturtevant). If MCS 9 has emergency air, the other squads go to sheriff 2. All of those agencies share that channel. MCS 10 has lots of range issues, so its rarely used, only for special events. If channel 2 is being used, they go to Channel 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.