New Broadcaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacKilr

Feed Provider
Winnebago County Sheriff and Fire, Oshkosh Police, Fire / EMS

Ladies and gentlemen...

My name is Chad. I live in Winnebago county, after some stuff happened that I couldn't listen to, because the combined Winnebago/Outagamie feed was down, I applied and got to host the above feed.

I live in a small town, and I'm a volunteer firefighter.

I am originally from Southeastern Wisconsin, where I listened to the scanner much more, because much more happens in the city than when you live out in the middle of nowhere.

And I blame my dad for getting me involved with scanners.

That's a bit about me.

As for the feed, it scans all Winnebago public safety, including Winneconne and Omro police, and rural fire main.

And I didn't post here until now, because it took me about two days and $100 to figure out how to get the ground loop hum out of the background.

I tried a ground loop isolator, helped a little bit. But then I connected the radio via a USB connection, and the hum was gone. So now I'm actually happy with the broadcast.

And it took a bit to figure out metadata and what have you, but I think I've got it mostly solved.

Anyways, I am looking forward to more posts here, and hopefully, eventually, a better radio than my HomePatrol-1, and the pile of older analog handhelds and bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.