167.750 Milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring 167.750 P25 NAC001 for a couple of weeks now. I'm in SW Milwaukee County and the signal is very strong. Encryption is never used and it's definitely a repeater because the signal strength never varies.

I haven't been able to identify the user yet. The base refers to itself as "Control". It sounds like law enforcement/security of some type. I've heard a helicopter/plane once saying they were 10 miles out, which was apparent due to the background noise during the transmission. I've also heard mileage reports, such as "at destination, 12345 miles". Today, I heard control call for security at "the ramp". I have a hunch this has something to do with MKE Airport because of my proximity and some of the traffic, but I'm not sure. I thought maybe it was a federal corrections operation prior to thinking it was airport-related, but I abandoned that theory after realizing that there isn't a federal correctional facility within earshot that I could find. Maybe I'm wrong. TSA on 172.900 uses a 001 NAC, so maybe this is also TSA?

This frequency has been identified in other areas as a common federal law enforcement channel, but with a different NAC. I'll keep an ear on it. Maybe someone else will beat me to identifying it.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that equate to 146.350 (21.4 IF) or 156.95 (10.8 IF)?

Either one doesn't add up. I'm not aware of P25 in the ham or marine bands.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't be surprised if this was air national guard at Mitchell, either security forces or command post.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Confirmed...

128th Air Refueling Wing Command Post

Today, I caught a unit calling Upset Control.

Submitted to the DB.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I'll add 162.8375 to my daily recordings list.

I've also been trying to identify the input to 173.5875. I've been recording 163.5625 and deprecated base frequencies with no hits yet.

163.5625 has been identified as an input to 173.5875 in Peoria, IL.

Status
Not open for further replies.