P25 chippewa county

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9wkj

i never thought i would have a need for digital around here
but it seems that that CCSO F1 is being simulcast on the wiscom freq of 154.355
im not sure what control channel is being used but i have both the 155.415NFM and the p25 freq being decoded in ShinySdr and sure enough just the encode/decode delay
i dont know if this has been going for a long time and i just tried digital
or if its new
so if anybody needs a known signal to test on.........

now if could find some local DMR and Dstar and such to test on

here is a pic of 7 receivers 6 digital and 1 analog and all of them have been working
http://i.imgur.com/ACcWPhO.png

Last edited:

sfd119

Most counties have their traffic on WISCOM Scan TGs, that's probably what you are hearing.

Just to clarify though, are you hearing P25 on 155.415?

wirr

Database Admin
You should get some DMR on 462.1625 and 463.2125 (and a bunch of other freqs in the 461-465 area).

k9wkj

Just to clarify though, are you hearing P25 on 155.415?

no that is the chippewa county dispatch freq in analog so i could track what was going where

the reason this supprises me so much is that the county had gotten a quote to update the analog system to newer analog......
as there is nothing wrong with the system that they have now

i didnt think we were partaking of Wiscom in any useful way

sfd119

no that is the chippewa county dispatch freq in analog so i could track what was going where

the reason this supprises me so much is that the county had gotten a quote to update the analog system to newer analog......
as there is nothing wrong with the system that they have now

i didnt think we were partaking of Wiscom in any useful way

State is pushing out Conventional analog and P25 traffic to the "Scan" talkgroups on the WISCOM system. That's what you are hearing...it has nothing to do with Chippewa county. You should look at the WISCOM database and read the WISCOM thread here for additional info.

sfd119

so the state is grabbing the analog chippewa audio and putting it on the Wiscom system?
wouldnt the county have to do that?

Yes, the state is doing it, not the county. It's basically a scanner hooked to the WISCOM system (more advanced setup but you get the gist). You can't effectively scan WISCOM and Conventional at the same time with a radio. To alleviate this concern, the state forces out these scan TGs so agencies on WISCOM can still monitor non-WISCOM traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.