RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 2:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkescan View Post
2051 is Firecom 1/ Fire Call. Used to contact Depts for Shared Services.
Is FireCom patched with Milwaukee FD Dispatch?
Old 09-16-2018, 5:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsanders83 View Post
EMS/more routine calls get assigned a higher Talkgroup #. Fire/more significant calls are assigned a lower Talkgroup #. I read in MCOEM talkgroup documentation that Profile 13 is for "high-rise incidents". I'm not sure what Profile 1-Profile 4 are intended for. Anyone else know? Profile 1 seems to be the most used. For most Profiles, only Talkgroup 2 is patched.
My understanding of the Milwaukee Fire Department (and for that matter Police Department) channels is that they are as shown on this website: Wisconsin Scanning Homepage - Trunktracking City of Milwaukee Trunked Radio System Page.
Old 09-16-2018, 5:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusDude View Post
My understanding of the Milwaukee Fire Department (and for that matter Police Department) channels is that they are as shown on this website: Wisconsin Scanning Homepage - Trunktracking City of Milwaukee Trunked Radio System Page.
Looking at the link provided (of the Radio layout), I can't seem to make heads or tails of what Talkgroups are listed on RR with this layout. Some of them make sense...

Is M.F.D.'s OpenSky system still active, or will it be going away ( :-) ) with the OASIS system? It seems it may be, based on monitoring so far.
Old 09-16-2018, 8:32 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryolsen8 View Post
Looking at the link provided (of the Radio layout), I can't seem to make heads or tails of what Talkgroups are listed on RR with this layout. Some of them make sense...

Is M.F.D.'s OpenSky system still active, or will it be going away ( :-) ) with the OASIS system? It seems it may be, based on monitoring so far.

Mil Co. Office of Emergency Management, operators of OASIS reached an agreement with the City of Milwaukee to patch MFD/Open Sky full-time on OASIS. An MPD deal is in the works. There are talk of patching respective district dispatch. However, the MPD patch might be encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 8:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem View Post
Mil Co. Office of Emergency Management, operators of OASIS reached an agreement with the City of Milwaukee to patch MFD/Open Sky full-time on OASIS. An MPD deal is in the works. There are talk of patching respective district dispatch. However, the MPD patch might be encrypted.

Are all of MFD's Talkgroups patched with OASIS, or just commonly used ones?

I see the list on OASIS for Milwaukee -- Just curious is they'll be anymore. Sure is an interesting Talkgroup naming system they have!
Old 09-16-2018, 8:49 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryolsen8 View Post
Are all of MFD's Talkgroups patched with OASIS, or just commonly used ones?

It appears to be commonly used channels such a dispatch. I have yet to hear anything on any other channel. Itís early. Weíve waited nearly a decade to get this far. Iím excited to see and hear whatís next.

Old 09-16-2018, 9:03 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem View Post
It appears to be commonly used channels such a dispatch. I have yet to hear anything on any other channel. Itís early. Weíve waited nearly a decade to get this far. Iím excited to see and hear whatís next.

Oh gosh, for sure. It just gives me more reason to come back (sooner)!
Old 09-17-2018, 6:10 AM

Yes, happy days are here again. To think I was hesitant to buy a 436HP given how many people were complaining about how complicated it is.
I too am only hearing the main dispatch. I think they only talk on the secondary channels at an actual fire not MED calls. But then again, we have to remember that digital can be very temperamental and on top of that, you have OPEN SKY being patched into OASIS another digital system. Seems to work pretty well most of the time.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsanders83 View Post
Hey folks,

I found some really good reading at OASIS. Take a look at the LE and FD training links there..
That link is now invalid. If you have a new one that would be fantastic. I am interested in reading more about OASIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4YGG View Post
This is the system to program...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8646
As far as frequencies go, I just reprogrammed my BCD396XT for OASIS and using only the primary and alternate ctl channels listed, was hearing maybe a fraction of a transmission not often (only every 5-20 minutes or so). I noticed that when looking at the P25 threshold display, it would display "Searching for or Finding Control Channel" Now, I am not very advanced when it comes to knowledge on this stuff, so I could be missing something and it would be great if that would kindly be pointed out. BUT, I added all of the other frequencies for MKEl, and now I am getting a steady (albeit seemingly weak) stream of traffic much more frequently. The longest time between me picking up a transmission is probably less than 5 minutes in the morning (before 10am). For additional information, I am located near the shorewood/milwaukee border. I am also near a large antenna on the UWM dorms. Could that be interfering with the signal?
Old 09-19-2018, 4:58 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Revised link is here:

https://county.milwaukee.gov/EN/Offi...ncy-Management
Old 09-20-2018, 1:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4YGG View Post
Thanks, I found that on my own but didn't know if the old link listed anything different.

As far as reception goes, I figure that my issue is due to the massive antenna a few hundred feet away.