Uscg Sector Lake Michigan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctadam12

Hi All!
Sorry I Did Not Post An Update For You All. Sector Operations Center In Milwaukee Is Now In Operation And Grand Haven Closed Yesterday At Midnight, So Milwaukee Has Control Of The Entire Lake! I Had The Very First Watch Last Monday With My First Boater Calling In Saying He Lost Power And Was Drifting. After That, It Was Nothing But Equipment Problems As Predicted, But After Tuesday Night They Were Pretty Much All Worked Out. I Know Some Of You Wanted The Working Freqs. And High Site Locations So Here They Go:
Cg Working Freq For Western Lake: Ch23 157.15mhz
High Site Locations: Chicago (sears Tower) , Milwaukee, Sturgeon Bay,two Rivers, Escanaba. I'm 98% Sure Of These Locations But I Will Check Them Tomorrow On Watch And Post If They Are Not Correct( I'm Still Learning The Milwaukee Side). If Anyone Has Any Questions, Please Ask!

Thanks,

Constantine

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Please advise the simulcast "Information for Mariners" broadcast schedule on 22A each day if you know and are they broadcast on all towers.

CapnJon

Hey CT...If ya ever work the Cableboat...CG 72015 I used to be the skipper on it back in the early 90's...Good boat and I called the Warrant Bos'n every 2 days to check in. Did movreps every day also...Guess now they got TTY while U/W? Check the boat out if it's inport...Only one of it's kind...besides the 56 footer on the East Coast...

CBB.jpg

CBB1.jpg

This one was at Gru Mil and we came up on the 41 footer towing this catamaran, but it was taking on water so I brought it onboard w/ the knuckle Crane...The Cableboat got it's first SAR Case! Ha!

CBBGruMilSar1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.