WyoLink and an XTS5000 - compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Will an VHF XTS5000 work on the WyoLink system (provided that I have the correct authorizations and system keys) ?

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
XTS5K

Will an VHF XTS5000 work on the WyoLink system (provided that I have the correct authorizations and system keys) ?

It will work as long as you have the correct features. You need smartzone and 9600 baud trunking. If the radio doesn't have these features it can be flash upgraded, but at significant expense. The XTS 5000 is also no longer sold so I'm not sure if you can buy upgrades any more.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
You are best directed to contact the WyDOT WyoLink office. You need to be a recognized entity of WyoLink with user agreements on file and approved by the state Public Safety Communications Commission (?) to have access.

Most states that are "open" to public safety use (vs a state agency dedicated system that you would find out on the east coast) - have a statewide advisory committee that sets policy for users and agencies, with a state agency actually maintaining/managing the system per their policy.

Doing a google search, all the information you need and approved radios can be found on the WyDOT website.

They also watch the system and have auto kill (from what I was told) so that if you try to bootleg onto the system it will send an automatic inhibit command and kill the radio, as well as the legit radio as well.

Guessing from previous posts and the Denver location, I am going to say chances of getting a radio on the system is about nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.