Thread: HT1000 and GMRS
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
As for my earlier comments on the batteries, If an OEM battery costs $75 and lasts five years and several hundred charging cycles, a better AM batt costs $50 and lasts 2.5 years, and an Ebay Imax Expert Battery costs $25 and lasts one year with terrible performance begging at age 1 month requiring twice daily charges to get a full day of service at 90/5/5, which is really the cheapest battery?

To fuel a radio over 5 years, here's the actual cost breakdown...
OEM: $75, no headaches, solid performance
Good AM: $100, one replacement
Imax Xpert super cheap ebay battery: $125, 5 replacents, twice daily charging!
Funny, I've bought a few hundred Imax batteries in recent years (mostly for HT 750's/1250's, but several for HT1000's & XTS series, as well as a few oddball other models), and never had any known problems or bad reports from users. Never heard of such a thing as twice daily charging from any of the users, many who work 12 hour shifts. That includes daily users as well as cache radios that sit dormant for weeks at times with minimal to moderate exercising at best. Never run into one with a bad fit or cosmetic defect either. And I believe they have a 1 year warranty on most, if not all of their batteries, which is comparable to most OEM if I am not mistaken.

I guess their nearly 69,000 feedbacks with a 99.9% positive rating must be misleading.

I agree, OEM is generally great. The 30-ish agencies I support have hundreds in use, and OEM is primarily what we buy. I also believe there is some real knockoff junk out there. But to blast Imax by suggesting their batteries are gonna dump at one month is not even remotely close to accurate from my experience with them. For whatever it's worth, I've had tremendous luck with them.

Last edited by RodStrong; 01-26-2013 at 2:13 AM..