View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
Are you trying that on the control channel frequency? If so, it's not going to work. Program some of the voice channel frequencies in conventional mode with NAC Search enabled, and when there is a transmission it will display the NAC that's in use. The NAC should be the same for all voice channel frequencies at a given site.
Great! Thanks for that info. I knew there must be a way otherwise why even have the NAC search setting if it does not display the results on the screen.
Does the 996 or 396 need to be in a certain "display mode" in order to see the NAC. Like Mode 1 or 2? Mode 3 just shows the system activity on the 3rd line while mode 1 or 2 shows more useful info like the actual frequency the radio tuned to or the talkgroup. I always forget which display mode shows what info other than mode 3 which I never use.
I would think mode 1 as that shows other info like LNK, ENC, P25 etc. along with the tuned frequency. At least when you are scanning a P25 trunked system.

Edit: Wow, it worked! The display mode does not seem to matter.
As long as you are tuned to a voice frequency in conventional mode with the freq set as digital only and then select NAC Search like your instructions say.
I thought my Icom R2500 displayed the NAC also but I can only see the TG and Radio ID on its display.
Oh well, now I know how to get the NAC when I only have a Uniden running.