View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 8:29 AM

Thanks for getting back to me Andy. All these Verizon people/phones use to get alerts but recently stopped getting them. Like i said some of these Verizon people still get alerts from my other Pi; Pi 2 (different Email) but not from my my Pi 1 . Both Pis are set up identical. For your questions...

1. They are being sent as AMR and MP3 so ffmpeg is working

2. Went from Mp3 to AMR to AMR to Mp3 no change in receiving the alerts.

3. Yes all names are set up with the for mms address and not text alert.

4. They plan just dont receive anything i did cut the recording time down to 45 seconds and the biterate is 48k

5. im not sure what you mean by 'From" address the email sends out using the same gmail email address that is logged into TTD.

6. BCC is at 1 email address will be BCC'ed (hidden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Nick,

A few things to check:

1) Make sure the attachments are being sent in AMR or mp3 format, not as WAV files. If they are being sent as WAV files, that means ffmpeg isn't working.
2) If AMR isn't working, try mp3 instead, and vice versa
3) Make sure you're sending to the MMS address, not the SMS address. For Verizon it's ##########@vzwpix.com
4) Is there any correlation between undelivered messages and attachement file size? Some carriers block attachments that are too large. If this is happening, you might need to shorten your recording or use a lower bit rate for encoding
5) If you're using a "From" address different from the actual account being used to send the message, it will sometimes get marked as spam
6) If you have a lot of people you're sending to, you can try using the BCC option to send, some people have reported that helps with large distribution lists

I'm surprised you're having problems with Verizon, they have had the least amount of issues of all of the carriers, in my experience.

Andy