View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 5:28 PM

The talk groups on the Knox County system are used for UTPD, bus service, and Neyland stadium maintenance. UTPD would use the special events channel during events at Thompson Boling but a lot of times if KPD or KCSO is helping with the event there will be one Metro talk group used for interoperability, and each agency will use their own event talk group. As far as the UHF frequencies they are either Mototrbo or NXDN and those are used by the workers at the events and for the general campus operations. I haven't programmed them in to listen since they are DMR but that is my understanding that is what they are used for. I will tell you this that the bus talk groups are very active during events and sometimes that is all you hear. I usually have those locked out so I can hear the other talkgroups. When I attend events at UT I usually find which event talkgroups are being used and basically monitor those. Sometimes if EMS or KFD are working an recent you can hear traffic on one of the KFD talkgroups or a Med channel other than the main dispatch. Hope this helps.

Last edited by davewhall29; 06-26-2014 at 5:32 PM..