View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackj View Post
Don, I'm glad your 800 works well on simulcast. I'm beginning to think that there is a problem with Lucas county's controller. I monitor Fulton county's 700 MHz system which is a stand-all system with a single tower located in Wauseon that uses Lucas county's controller. There are times when I'm lucky to get a good decode 70% of the time and it isn't just me, the dispatcher and/or mobile units will ask for repeats. It seems to have gotten worse since they've added Wood county but that maybe just my imagination. I'm wondering if the controller is overloaded and can't keep up with the workload and that's the root cause. I'm going to have to take a day trip to Bowling Green and see if they have the same problem.
I'm not sure why you would go to Bowling Green, there are no sites in Wood County and nobody in that part of the county uses this system.

I believe that Fulton County's issue is that one site in not enough to cover a county that size. Users of the Lucas County portion of the system have no issues and have been happy with the system.