View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2017, 1:13 PM
k6cpo's Avatar
k6cpo k6cpo is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 641

Originally Posted by LoveRadios View Post
I let my advance license expired about 5 yrs ago. Now I want to take the Tech test to get back on the air.
Is the test taken via paper or computer at VE?

If you can prove you once held an Advanced License (a copy of your old license or record in the FCC database) you can be granted a General license just by taking the Technician exam. The FCC now allows for the grandfathering of previously held licenses if satisfactory proof is provided. You will not be granted an Advanced license and you won't get your old call sign back. However, you can apply for your old call sign as a vanity if it is available.
Reply With Quote