View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 4:52 AM

I work with local PD and use a Motorola APX7000 with a stubby antenna. And I also have a Kyrocera Brigadier. I can't tell you how many times the phone has lost all service in areas and so have others around me on other networks. Making them useless. But the radio still worked fine. OTOH, Been way to many times I key up and get the familiar "BUUUUURRRRR" sound because it can't digitally connect to the tower.... And at times, BOTH failed. This has bad idea stamped all over it. Straight digital radios are bad enough between the 2-3 second delays and random inability to either send or receive traffic although it claims full signal connection to tower.... I've done the "don't shoot" test before. All the other end got was "oot". Then, Theres times my phone can't get a signal for periods of time or doesn't work because the tower is overloaded on traffic leading to dropped/missed calls, messages not sent or received, and definitely no data. Putting everything on one "system" is begging for more problems.... Cell networks are far to saturated as it is.... Whether you have priority traffic or not. The hardware doesn't care when it decides to go down....
Just my thoughts and experiences as meaningless as they are.