View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 2:00 PM

Thumbs up Site 51 Dover DE/Kent County

Went for a drive yesterday.
Site 51 is definitely without a doubt in Dover DE.
With a lack of use/traffic, I did not see any other channels assigned by the CC in DSDPlus; if there are any.
Drove through Harrington & Milford also, Church Hill was coming in clear until north of Dover.
If Harrington is going to be a new site it's not on air yet (could be site 58 or not in the list at all yet?). Tried to pick up Site 50 without any success, furthering my opinion that it's located in S Jersey (Would need a boat in the Delaware Bay to prove it). Definitely not on air in Delaware. Perhaps there is someone in South Jersey who can pick it up? I'm still convinced it's Centerton/Cumberland Co. The neighbor list was unchanged from what's previously posted. 49 50 52 53 54.

If I had to make an educated guess the transmissions for Site 51 were strongest just SE of Dover.

This is where I believe the transmitter is located.

Water Tower
235 Galaxy St, Dover AFB, DE 19902
https://goo.gl/maps/QLb12zgha8N2

If that's not it, It's close enough for horseshoes, and definitely good enough for confirmation & posting to the RRDB.

I think Middletown DE is a prime location for a new site also, It would definitely complete MADRN's coverage of Delaware plus Cecil county in MD, It would mean DELMARVA is covered at least to the Virginia state line (Or close to it)