View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 9:32 PM
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwienke View Post
Diamond RH77CA is a much better antenna than stock.

Tha antenna doesn't care about digital or modulation type. It only cares about frequency.

While the 436 is reasonably durable, it is not designed to handle repeated drops on to concrete, or to be run over by bulldozers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM014800 View Post
So I currently have and use a BCD436HP equipped with the stock antenna. It gets the job done for what I want to listen to, however sometimes I feel like I don't pick up on things.

What other antennas are out there that would give me a significantly longer range and allow for stuff to come threw more clear? I listen to mostly Phase 1 /2 and TDMA / motorola P25 and all that.

Also. if anyone also has had or currently does have a BCD436HP, how durable is it? Like from drops and stuff.

Thanks!
The RH77CA is a good antenna, especially for Vhf & Uhf. It also does well on 700/800MHz for nearby or stronger systems.

If your scanning is mostly on 700 or 800MHz trunked systems, you may find that the RadioShack 800MHz antenna is a better choice. This Remtronix antenna is the same item (they manufacture the one RadioShack sells). If you purchase the BNC version, you'd need to use the SMA to BNC adapter that came with your scanner. However, the SMA version is shown on that same page.

The RH77CA is a BNC based antenna, so you would use the adapter for it as well, or simply order it's SMA version.

I've also had good results with this antenna, also available with a BNC o SMA base.