View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 10:08 AM

Thumbs up The Band Scope is Amazing!

@marlbrook,

As requested, here are my first impressions. I'm really having fun with this band scope! It works very well, considering it's being done entirely through software. I can confirm that the bottleneck appears to be the USB connection, because a 1 MHz sweep takes approximately 4 seconds on my I5 processor laptop, the same time as the I7. So, it's not the processor that's setting the speed limit, it's the communications. A 2 MHz sweep takes roughly twice as long at about 8 seconds. I tested VHF (146 MHz), UHF (443 MHz) and HF (6 MHz), all with similar results. The HF took a little longer because I used 5 KHz channel steps instead of 12.5 KHz.

This functionality is amazing, and the interface with Q only makes it that much better. So far, I haven't noted any bugs, as you seem to have thought about pretty much everything. One more thing I need to mention is that I'm running the latest firmware in the AR-DV1 (1710C) which seems to work fine with this version of eSPYonARD. I didn't bother to roll back to the older version of firmware, because the issues some folks were having with the new version didn't really affect the way I use the receiver.

I think that's about all I have for now. I hope to have more time to spend with the software today, and I'll let you know if I discover anything new. Thanks for allowing me to participate in the testing process. It's a lot of fun!

ScanCHS