RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Aircraft Monitoring Forum > Aircraft Data Decoding

Aircraft Data Decoding - A forum to discuss decoding the various data transmissions such as ACARS, Mode-S, ADS-B, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 3:17 PM
Not Posting

Question Oh Come on! Where's the Icons!

Well decided on ACARSD and it works but one problem is....planespotting.net is gone and the only photo source is airliners.net. How can I set ACARSD to download photos from airliners.net? planespotting.net is where acarsd used to get photos from. I have updated the databases in the menus. It's working with this for output:

NO AIRPLANE ICONS!

UPDATE:

Best advise for myself (and if anyone else does what I do) is stop panicking and look harder to solve a problem. I did some googling and it turned up a forum elsewhere that said its a plugin that changes the image server and now I have 4 to choose from. It's located in the extracted archive. All 3 need to be copied over to the c:\acard\plugins folder. Then load them in ACARSD menu and change server. It'll work as long as there is a matching image. Here is the real outcome:

The plug in is called "Use different picture database as iconserver V1.12b" Written by KJM acarsd@acarsd.org.

The jetphotos.com database crashes acarsd.

Last edited by screamin72; 06-29-2014 at 4:14 PM.. Reason: figured it out.
Sponsored links
Old 06-29-2014, 4:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

First, I'd say go with ACARSD1.70RC3 - there's a plugin for the "iconserver" where you can set which site to pull them from. There's maybe 6 servers you can use. The last time I ran it (which was awhile ago) I was using myaviation.net.

Here's the RC3 link:
http://www.acarsd.org/RC/

Oh and the same guys behind ACARSD moved on to libhomeradar.org. Their "winsend2" software has a built-in ACARS decoder: http://www.libhomeradar.org/contribution2.html

That was the last piece I played with before just sharing ACARS via PlanePlotter instead of actually monitoring it.

Sharing ADSB data with PlanePlotter, live-military-mode-s.eu, libhomeradar, flightradar24, vrs-europe.eu, and FlightAware.

Last edited by jazzbassNick; 06-29-2014 at 4:18 PM.. Reason: Forgot the RC3 link was a little hidden.
Old 06-29-2014, 4:22 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbassNick View Post
First, I'd say go with ACARSD1.70RC3 - there's a plugin for the "iconserver" where you can set which site to pull them from. There's maybe 6 servers you can use. The last time I ran it (which was awhile ago) I was using myaviation.net.

Here's the RC3 link:
1.70 RC's

Oh and the same guys behind ACARSD moved on to libhomeradar.org. Their "winsend2" software has a built-in ACARS decoder: libhomeradar - easy collect aircraft information - Configuring contribution tool winsend2

That was the last piece I played with before just sharing ACARS via PlanePlotter instead of actually monitoring it.
Well I think I updated my post while you were typing yours. Got it working as it is. I will check out winsend and thanks for replying.
Old 06-30-2014, 9:04 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

hah...that's totally what happened. I wasn't sure that the plugin in 1.65 was the same as 1.70rc3, but it is indeed the same.

Glad you got it workin'.

Sharing ADSB data with PlanePlotter, live-military-mode-s.eu, libhomeradar, flightradar24, vrs-europe.eu, and FlightAware.
Old 07-03-2017, 9:27 PM

Bumping an old thread here. I have 1.65 and can't get icon images to show up. How did you get it working? I can't tell from the original posts exactly what to do. Thanks.