ACARS Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Ok! Here Goes!
I have my trusty pro-2006 and my BC-785 scanners with the discriminator taps done. I have not decided which I'm going to use for ACARS. I have a Universal M-450 Decoder which does do ACARS. I have a good strong signal from my outdoor antenna which is on top of my homes' roof. (altitude of home is 475 ft above sea level by the way). Now, I am looking to get software to for all this fun stuff. My question is, what is the best software for ACARS? I saw an ad for Airnav. They seem reasonably priced but I want to know if there are other better choices. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Manny

In God We Trust. Everyone else,we Monitor!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Don't use the discriminator tap for decoding ACARS - it's not involved in AM reception, and anything you would get is probably just some signal leaking from an adjacent circuit. As mentioned in the Wiki, a nice preferably short connection from your speaker to your line in of your soundcard will do the trick. 73s Mike

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks For all your suggestions guys! I had not thought about the AM not working on the dic. tap! I"m glad I asked! Now Why not use my decoder and use a sound card? On my computer? Just from the audio of my receiver hey? hmm.....I need to do some more reading!....

Status
Not open for further replies.