BC125AT vs. Yupiteru MVT-7100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forly192

Has anyone had experience with these two?

How do they compare with the same antenna on the civil airband?

The Yupiteru seems hard to come by these days.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
To add to Lino's comments. The Uniden is also computer programmable which makes it more versatile. I have a Yupiteru 7100 and would never part with it. However, manually programming 1000 memories is not the most enjoyable process.

questnz

1+ for Uniden mainly due to computer programming, Close Call, better display. Yupi great all round receiver hard to beat but time to move on. Get proper Air Band antenna eg Watson WSMA 901 and free Scan 125 software, it will help.

Forly192

I have received delivery of a 125AT scanner I purchased, along with the SRH-320A antenna

After unboxing it, reading the manual and using it, I am highly disappointed.

I scanned from 108 to 512 and picked up only 3 or 4 signals during the daytime.

Mind you, I live in a suburban area, near a major metropolitan area -- definitely not the middle of nowhere -- so this is surprising.

At first I thought it had something to do with the squelch or the settings, but, that wasn't the case.

Unfortunately, as far as reception, this scanner's front end leaves much to be desired. I have an older Uniden scanner and compared to that, the 125AT is practically deaf.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I had a BC125AT about 5 years ago, and I was not impressed. When compared to my BCT15X base/mobile, the BC125AT failed miserably! I was using the same antenna and location, date, and time, and frequencies. I think there was possibly an actual hardware (not firmware) change back then, but I could be mistaken and that might explain why it didn't perform well.

Most of the reviews are great however. Some swear by them, others swear at them. I may have had a defective one.

Status
Not open for further replies.