Chit-Chat on Air-to-Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

I was just scanning the band and the scan halted upon the brief conversation below...

Pilot A) "Yeah, so what did you tell him?"

Pilot B) "I told him that's the way I was trained, IFR...I Follow Roads..."

If you've heard a funny story on the air band, please share it.

Thx!

MikeFlorida

Funny stuff said

I was a helicopter flight engineer in the Air Force. While flying from Utah to Washington state we had to contact Walla Walla Control. The pilot called Walla Walla Wadio! On another flight we were using the call sign ACME for a special mission. A totally different call sign from our usual “Sport” call that was what Salt Lake Control was used to. One of the pilots was getting frustrated with Salt Lake Center so He used the phonetic alphabet and said Alpha Mike Charlie Echo. For whatever reason center understood and started calling us ACME.

spacellamaman

Alas this has been the thread that has been missing from my life.....ill be back as soon as i think of some of the best ones of late

discussions of what a paying customer's max gross weight could be, in relationship to R44 helo rides at a local fair.... that was good. took a while for me to figure out why pilot kept complaining to ground control that he was being required to ferry "Bricks", in a tricky tail wind, to land beside the ferris wheel no less.

Eugene

I did post this on another forum once....but since this is aircraft specific I hope it won't violate protocols. Monitoring Washington Center heard the following: Pilot to Controller- " Request flight level 340 to 360....it makes the houses look smaller"

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.