120.325 in carolinas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
This afternoon during a random search of VHF aero frequencies,I found 120.325 was active.

The traffic was an airplane announcing it was at various locations and the flying a track, for example:
"I am at point 8, and will be going 235", his activity was repeated several times using various different numbered starting points and tracks.

This happened mutiple times over a two hour period.

Who uses 120.325 in the Carolinas?
And what were they doing?

I am guessing they were calibrating something, but What? Where?

Last edited:

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
TU!

I am in EM95ut Western Piedmont of North Carolina.800 plus miles from NS.

These xmsns were full quieting at my location.
SO I am assuming they were within 100-or so miles from my QTH.

KVUJ and Uwharrie National Forest are 25 miles or so south of me and are major training grounds for US SF and ANG 145 AW.

I cant say whether or not this was part of a SF/military activity.

I just have never heard activity like this, or on this frequency.

Another mystery frequency!

spacellamaman

punching it in now

i am glad i checked this cause i suspect you may have found something rather interesting and perhaps not civil :)

prob not related but there was a good bit of chatter this afternoon on 123.45 for a couple of guys trying to find a gate. two guys in two separate planes trying to find a gate that they clearly had no idea where it was...it was off hwy 64 and they were drifting over the uwharries as well. they didn't sound as if they were of a military bearing themselves but i have found some instances of non-military individuals having some remarkably coincidental interest in areas that military folks were also interested in simultaneously.

they also remarked on the unusually heavy traffic in the area.

like i said the traffic i heard prob not related to yours but right now is a real good time to listen out for oddball stuff, the only reason i even took minor note of what i heard, cause a couple of local papers are reporting things are gonna get interesting here soon,

what you heard sounds reallll interesting, and perhaps a prelude. or like you said, just calibrating something. i have an over active imagination.

ill let ya know if i catch anything

and very interesting about the "EM95ut" i am not familiar with the format but quick googling shows a locator for DX'ing. MGRS for ham radio it appears? any recommendation for a link that gives a good overview of the system?

AlphaFive

I just came across this post this morning. I completed a Google search, I found a listing from a reliable Florida guy. He documented the use as C.B.P. Ten years ago I lived in Florida and relied on this site, I found it to be very accurate. In the Goggle search for 120.3250 look for a hit that is titled by a County name, I don't even know if this site is still actively updated. But it is interesting. I'm in Asheville, never logged this frequency myself.

I used the Google search term 125.3250 scanner frequency

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
a good bit of chatter this afternoon on 123.45 for a couple of guys

123.45 is a common inter-aircraft chat frequency worldwide - even on commercial blue water flights. Aircraft are often told by ATC to watch for so-and-so flight in the opposite direction and are greeted by "I see you first" on 123.45.

AlphaFive

I just came across this post this morning. I completed a Google search, I found a listing from a reliable Florida guy. He documented the use as C.B.P. Ten years ago I lived in Florida and relied on this site, I found it to be very accurate. In the Goggle search for 120.3250 look for a hit that is titled by a County name, I don't even know if this site is still actively updated. But it is interesting. I'm in Asheville, never logged this frequency myself.

I used the Google search term 125.3250 scanner frequency

Correction on my typing 120.3250 NOT 125.3250.. doh!

N4LHY_1

Premium Subscriber
Frequency

Glad I found this post. I will plug it in the sdr tomorrow and see what I can hear. I am also in EM95, but closer to Charlotte. Thanks for the frequency!!

Chris N4LHY

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
Spacellamaman check your PMs.

I have a power point presentation explaining the Maidenhead postion reporting system (EM95ut, etc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.