Don't Forget 123.450 General Chit Chat Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey gang, don't forget to keep 123.450 as one of your standard monitoring freqs. This is the catch-all, itinerant pilot chit chat freq. Used by all commercial and general aviation pilots. You never know what you might hear. I get everything from locals crusing around in their ultralights to commercial airline pilots chatting about strike talks, industry affairs ect....interesting stuff everyday.

MacombMonitor

Thanks for the reminder, as I had forgot about that one. I punched it in just now, as it is a really nice bright sunny day, going up to 76 degrees. We have ultralights, and even a few experimental planes in my area.

timmer

Actually, I occasionally do a search between 122.0 and 124.0 and come up with all kinds of pilot to pilot chit-chat. Alot of the smaller airports tower freq's are in this range also. This is also a good range to search during an airshow, as is 136.0-137.0.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Another good A2A that is used commonly here in Denver is 122.75. Used for flights with multiple aircraft and for our designated "practice areas" around the metro area.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
As heard in Long Island

I've heard 123.45 used by the local news choppers reporting back and forth and sharing information with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.