Storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

Hi , has anyone ever noticed during storms that there is more aircraft radio traffic? Could this be due to rerouting aircraft around storms?

cajunjerry

Yeah i have not been interested in aircraft traffic much , but i am starting to listen more. Civilian is easy , military is a bit harder. A funny thing happened to me last year while i was in Mississippi .oh i am in Louisiana and 40 miles from Shreveport and Barksdale. I heard a B 52 calling mudbug base, that is Barksdale..

spacellamaman

holy moly thats a big black cloud!

It's also a ball to work, in my opinion.

when requesting deviations/alterations based on immediate weather concerns, do you ever wait a little longer than normal when replying? ratchet up that hint of desperation tone in their voices? i know i would. make em sweat a little. work for that pay buddy. yeah no more playing words with friends for this flight, gotta figure out where that throttle thingy is and how to make those blaring sounds stop, whatever they are... :) i would be fired the first day. totally worth it tho.

basically the only times i listen to civ-aero-only freqs is during bad weather. the weather usually shuts down any activity i would be interested in and at the same time makes things from hectic to downright crazy for civ flights. i keep a bank of local stuff set aside and a couple of times have been able to go outside in a fairly open sky area and watch flights diverting and making crazy looking movements trying to get into KCLT ahead of a clearly defined weather fronts. kinda cool sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.