LACSD Sky Knight Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whsftbldad

All,

I am looking for the frequency for the LASD helicopters, especially the Sky Knight helicopter based at the Lakewood station. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mick

122.725 WAG8 is the "company" channel for LASD air units.

They are almost always using 123.025 also.

whsftbldad

Helo freq

Does this mean that all sheriff helicopters will be audible, or just the Lakewood station? Sorry for all of the silly questions but I bought a new BCD996T a little over a month ago and I am still trying to figure it out. My last scanner was a BC100XLT handheld with 10 banks of 10 channels. BIG difference. All help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Markb

Premium Subscriber
You will hear them on The Lakewood LASD dispatch frequencies and the local A-TAC channel, among others. Should be in the database.

Uplink

You will hear Skynight & all the Sheriff copters on "ABD" 483.6375, Aero Bureau Dispatch. Great channel, especially when you tire all the routine stuff, and just want to know where the action is. ;)

jrholm

If you monitor ABD and SUDS you can track the birds around. Although Skyknight normally stays on LKD Disp and L-Tac as it is assigned specifically to that station and Cerritos (which uses the same radio channels). Also monitor the airships on scene on whatever Tac channel or Disp. Channel S.C.C. indicates. If SEB or K9 respond monitor both the Tac channel the station is using and SUDS. Aero and K9 love to carry on a little back door discussion using SUDS, especially if the patrol deputies on scene aren't quite getting it (as to what K9 or Aero need from them).

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Wish we had such a channel here in Phoenix. We do have "Hot Monitor" which the helo here keeps an ear to at all times, but unfortunately Phoenix PD encrypts that channel. :( Too bad, that would be a sweet channel to listen to.

Enjoy your open radio system in LA County - I miss the good old days of monitoring Dispatch 5 in Santa Clarita as a kid growing up.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.