Montgomery County SO dispatch change

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywarner

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office dispatch appears to have changed talk group IDs.
I listened all day on DEC 289, AFS 02-041 and heard no traffic at all.
Found them under DEC 0001, AFS 00-001.
Tactical is still on DEC 290, AFS 02-042.

SCPD

QRT
System is just messed up right Now I think... been that way for past 2 days or so
Paul

. btw I probably know you, hang on . 840 or .555??

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
have not been active for the last two years but just got my station fixed and on the air again, hang on 84, 73 de n4uzz

I am Not a ham, but listen all the time with the scanner I've heard you on 2m .. & I know a lot of em from My old CB radio days back from 72-91. Need any help with the scanner gimme a holler
PAul
Also which scanner ya have?, I have Pro 93,97 & Digi 96 I am an addict lol\

Last edited:

skywarner

About scanners

When I am on the road always run CB channel 19 "Fiveshooter"

Got two Pro-95s, but one of them has just gone bad, all receptions getting really scuzzy, kind of off-frequency, on all of the channels, EDACS or conventional. May have to give up on it. The other one is going strong.
Got two Uniden BCT8 Trunktracker IIIs.
One old Radioshack Pro-2026 that just sits on the Montg. County Fire frequency.
One old RadioShack Pro-2037 that sits on the Elmore County Fire & Rescue frequency.
Thanks for the offer to help.
Boy, that county EDACS system has a lot of problems. There is often some scuzz in there with SO dispatch, and it has been a problem for two years. A real mess. Now city police dispatch sounds pretty clean.

BTW, has the city already split into two dispatch districts? Heard anything about it? Sofar I hear calls for the entire city on DEC 1296 or AFS 10-020.
73 de N4UZZ

wwhitby

Feed Provider
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office dispatch appears to have changed talk group IDs.
I listened all day on DEC 289, AFS 02-041 and heard no traffic at all.
Found them under DEC 0001, AFS 00-001.
Tactical is still on DEC 290, AFS 02-042.

IIRC, this is called a "multi-select." The SO is actually still broadcasting on TG 289, but the result is shown on TG 0001. I'm not sure why the MCSO is multiselected into TG 0001 - Usually Montgomery City FD is multiselcted to TG 0001 or 0002.

This has happened once before, around Christmas of 2004. After a while, the multselect was removed, and they were "back" on TG 289.

Warren

SCPD

QRT
Hi Warren, good to see ya back around, Ya must be busy busy with everything during the summer
Take care
Paul

SCPD

QRT
ad of 08/08/08 at noon SO is back on simulselect again , as before

as of 345pm looks to be back to normal 0289?:)

Last edited:

wwhitby

Feed Provider
From Unitrunker, their dispatch talkgroup is multi-selected to TG 302. IIRC, wasn't that TG used as a special events-type talkgroup?

Warren

SCPD

QRT
Hmm. thats kind of odd I think. could it be rebanding time around the corner?? oh well we shall see :)\
Also Warren hwne ya gt a chance post a unitrunker list for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.