DPS Aircraft on 159.21 MHz? Moody AL 1/29/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

b5bartender

Been hearing traffic all morning, ABI callsigns, referencing the I-20 exit 156 area (Eden/Pell City). Don't know if it's aircraft or a "trap" operation though.

SHELL

B5 ,state troopers was sitting on the 144 exit over pass shooting laser at speeder and sitting on 178 over pass doing same thing.between both operations i counted 19 patrol cars.

Jbreland

Yep, it's speed traps.

I live 1/2 of a mile north of the Moody/Leeds exit (144A/B). I can hear them without any antenna on my handheld! On occasion they are at the Pell City exit near Cracker Barrel, and turn around at the Eden exit to start over. I think this is what you are hearing.

The troopers are at my exit about once a month. The "laser car" parks on the overpass and so far this year they have always been issuing tickets to eastbound traffic. 12-15 troopers are in the speed trap. They go up to the Brompton exit and return to Moody. I have yet to hear them to give out a ticket for 79 mph or less. Always on Saturdays too.

I am the provider for the Moody online scanner. Talladega is this weekend, maybe I should put that frequency in my scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.