FEMA Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of any frequencies that are being used by FEMA or National Guard?

I don't know what is currently in use by FEMA in Alabama, but I would definitely search the 406-420 MHz federal band for FEMA activity.

There might also be National Guard and some FEMA activity in the 138-144 and 148-150 MHz bands, and check the 30-88 MHz low-band for National Guard activity.

- Chris

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I don't know what is currently in use by FEMA in Alabama, but I would definitely search the 406-420 MHz federal band for FEMA activity.

There might also be National Guard and some FEMA activity in the 138-144 and 148-150 MHz bands, and check the 30-88 MHz low-band for National Guard activity.

- Chris

Do you think that they are using digital in the 406-420 band, Chris? Or are they still analog.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
While FEMA does have radio equipment in some of their vehicles, the personnel that I have seen in recent weeks are using satellite phones. This is usually done when the communications infrastructure in their response area is torn down - as it is in the northern half of Alabama.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Most of the FEMA personnel that I see in Alabama are using the same Southern LINC PTT phones that Alabama EMA uses on the Southern LINC system. Unfortunately, you can not scan this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.