Daphne Nexedge System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RADIO-251

The City of Daphne is in the process of replacing it's current 800 MHz LTR system with a multisite Kenwood UHF Nexedge digital trunked radio system. The Nexedge system will consist of two (5) channel sites with a microwave backhaul. Site (1) will be located on the Daphne Police Department tower, site (2) will be located on the Alabama Public Television Tower just north of I-10 in Spanish Fort, Al. The system will support all city departments (Police, Fire, Public Works, and Utilities). This system will be networked with current Nexedge systems owned by City of Bay Minette, City of Foley to create a multi-site radio network that will benefit all entities involved with expanded radio coverage and interoperability between agencies. The plan is to do a total migration from 800 LTR to UHF Nexedge within 6 to 8 months.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
What a messed up county. The South End is going with a 700 mhz system and the North End is going with Nexedge. Wonder what the Baldwin County Sheriff Dept will go with now ? Or will they have both ?

RADIO-251

What a messed up county. The South End is going with a 700 mhz system and the North End is going with Nexedge. Wonder what the Baldwin County Sheriff Dept will go with now ? Or will they have both ?
Yeah i agree its messed up, however you can't really say the south end of the county is going 700 because Foley is on Nexedge. The last i heard about the Sheriff was he is going 700 P25, but no one will know for sure until it actually happens.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
already going

The 700 is a done deal. Grant funds have been accepted for the 700 system. Will be online in about a year! I got alot of work ahead of me that's for sure!

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor

The county has nothing to do with it. It's just a matter or agancies looking for a solution to their communications shortfalls. The nexedge is a fine system, and affordable. All of this was brought. About before a county wide system.was decided upon. The agencies did not want to wait to see. What the county wanted to do so they made up their own minds. The nexedge will be integrated into the 700 through talkgroups and the agencies are welcome to purchase equipment that will natively work on it as well. With grant funds dictating money be spent on a 700 mhz system, its hard to say no. Its a winner!

dmmbutts

So what will Fairhope do?

I heard from a reliable source here in town that they pulled the original request for bids just before it was to go before the council to re-write it, but I have heard nothing since. Does anyone know which way they are going?

RADIO-251

(4) Baldwin county Municipalities are now using the UHF Kenwood Nexedge system, Bay Minette, Daphne, Foley, Fairhope, with a total of (8) Tower sites, all networked together as one system. There are also Volunteer Fire Dept's around Baldwin county using the Nexedge system.

garys

Premium Subscriber
(4) Baldwin county Municipalities are now using the UHF Kenwood Nexedge system, Bay Minette, Daphne, Foley, Fairhope, with a total of (8) Tower sites, all networked together as one system. There are also Volunteer Fire Dept's around Baldwin county using the Nexedge system.

Is this the system listed under Bay Minette in the database? I'm going to be in Fairhope later this month and if I have time and have my SDR set up and running, I'm going to try to do some listening and see if I can decode the audio.

RADIO-251

Daphne Police

DAPHNE POLICE, and the remaining City Services will be moving to the Nexedge system by March 2014, at that time the 800 mhz LTR system will be turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.