Madison County Communications District 700mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

morganAL

I know they have a couple of the sites up and operational. I have seen and heard radios demonstrated on the new system (at least the sites that are up).

rvholland

I've gotten rusty on entering details into my PSR-500 but I entered the freq's tagged as site 3 which is closest to me. System type is set to "P25 Auto" and trunking table is "P25 700MHz".

99% N462 W:BEE00
Sy:46B R003 S002

Above is the current Analyze results but the percentage varies between 99 to 26%, no audible hits around 6 PM. I have one wildcard group defined.

KE5TLF

Locations 1, 2 and 3 are all the same freqs, a simulcast iow. What freq. is/was the active control channel and can you run Pro96Com on it and post the Tower0302.txt file it will create please. The longer you can let it run the better. Just be sure to save it's findings before stopping the decode.

Last edited:

rvholland

So far the control channel has only been on active on 771.70625. Perhaps over the weekend I can try the Pro96Com or at least get setup to run it.

I'm closer to one of the sites while at work and the analyze percentage is staying at 99% longer. At least I didn't ever catch anything other than 99% while watching for a few minutes where at home I could easily observe varying decode percentage values.

KE5TLF

Awesome. Pro96Com is relatively easy to get going for the first time. Just have to set your COM port and scanner type in the decode configuration, under the edit menu. Once it's running properly it will only take a couple of seconds to fill in most everything frequency related. The longer you let it run though the better the chances of actually logging some user traffic. Good luck and if you have any questions or problems with it let us know here.

puzzleriddle

any chance of me hearing this .. am in Highland park in Birmingham ? am on 5ht of apartment building using Stock antenna on a pro 197 & a 3db gain rubber antenna on the PSR 500

rvholland

Well this is just a quick run of about 30 minutes to see what it might look like. No real activity around 9 PM local time.

Attachments

• Tower0302.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 347

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Now this is very interesting. The log is showing Site 304 as a neighboring site, with a control channel on 855.7125 MHz. This frequency belongs to:

* Calhoun County
* Huntsville
* Montgomery
* Saraland (Mobile County)
* Northport by Tuscaloosa.

I wonder, which of these locations are Site 304?

73's

Ron

Last edited:

KE5TLF

Well this is just a quick run of about 30 minutes to see what it might look like. No real activity around 9 PM local time.

Thanks. So, now the question is, can you pick up anything on the 855.7125 listed as site 304 in that neighbor list? From the looks of it, that will most likely be the Madkin Mountain site at the Redstone Arsenal.

Guess 301 and 303 are yet to be fully operational. Try to keep checking it at least once a week when/if you can. Especially for changes in the neighbors list. I'm sure they'll be showing up sooner than later.

rvholland

Nothing appears to be detectable on 855.71250 currently.

I ran Pro96Com for about 5 hours this morning with no real difference. About the only thing different is the occasional ID on one of the other freq's. Interestingly the Call Sign winds up being displayed as "CHANGEME" after some amount of time, probably after message identifying the system reported on 769.10625.

I'm beginning to think the Rainbow Mtn site isn't operational and while at work I'm receiving the Monte Sano site since the decode is so much better.

We'll just have to keep looking periodically...

The locations listed in the ULS don't appear to have a site on the Aresenal. Are you refererring to another system?

Attachments

• Tower0302_2.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

KE5TLF

Yeah, several of the Baldwin County sites are also sending "CHANGEME" in the data stream when the CWID comes around.

This City of Huntsville license has the frequency and Madkin Mountain location reffered to.
WPHI451 (HUNTSVILLE, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details
That one added to the 3 locations from the 700 MHz license in the OP would create an almost perfect "loop" for Huntsville, Madison and the Redstone facilities.

Like you said just tinker around with it periodically and see what happens. Looks like there's still a good bit more to come.

N8OAY

Today's Huntsville Times newspaper reports that the City of Huntsville has purchased and received 1026 new APX-25 700MHz radios, and that they will enable coverage of all of the city without a break in coverage. They are currently being distributed to first responders, and all will be in use within 6 months. I will download a copy of Pro96Com and see what I can find. I am in SW Madison.

KE5TLF

Thanks for the updates, and look forward to seeing what you find. :) Seems this thing is real close to reaching critical mass, so to speak.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Today's Huntsville Times newspaper reports that the City of Huntsville has purchased and received 1026 new APX-25 700MHz radios, and that they will enable coverage of all of the city without a break in coverage. They are currently being distributed to first responders, and all will be in use within 6 months. I will download a copy of Pro96Com and see what I can find. I am in SW Madison.

Does anyone know if they will still be "in the clear" or encrypted?

puzzleriddle

From what I recall from 2-3 years ago there was a "rumor"and a thread here in the AL forums if you will about AL DPS ( state troopers ect) starting a 700mhz statewide TRS with 10?.sites 4 channels per site (same frequencies on every site to be located on the various Al education(public l TV towers around the state , each towers was going to have the same 4 frequencies. I have tried to search the forums & find the original thread but must not searching the right combination of words.. I believe this what everyone is seeing..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.