Alabama County Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Well, the above link is dead but a useful thread is a terrible thing to waste.

Here is a link to online Alabama individual county maps. These are hard to find on the Alabama Department of Transportation’s web page so bookmark it if interested. Better still, the maps can be saved to your computer.

Milepost Maps

There are two maps for each county. Choose “General Highway Maps” or “Milepost Maps”. The latter is useful for locating car crashes on US and State routes heard on the scanner.

State Highway maps and railroad maps are clickable from the AL-DOT home page. - Welcome to ALDOT

If you are old fashioned like me and want printed maps you can pick up the above mentioned maps at any AL-DOT Division Office. County map availability at each Division office will probably be limited to counties served.

West of the Muddy Creek, East of the Big Hill.
Last edited:
If you are old fashioned like me and want printed maps you can pick up the above mentioned maps at any AL-DOT Division Office. County map availability at each Division office will probably be limited to counties served.
Any idea where the closest division office closest to Birmingham is?

I love keeping hard copies of maps on hand in my "shack". Never know when I might not be able to use the laptop and have to resort to that.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob

I love keeping hard copies of maps on hand in my "shack". Never know when I might not be able to use the laptop and have to resort to that.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for fielding this one, puzzleriddle. Your link is for County Transportation. They may have the maps.

From my DPS days, I can tell you that the Third Division DOT office is next to the Birmingham State Trooper Post at:

THIRD DIVISION
1020 Bankhead Highway West, 35204
P. O. Box 2745
Birmingham, AL 35202-2745
205-328-5820
800-342-3815

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
Note Link Change...

Here is a link to online Alabama individual county maps. These are hard to find on the Alabama Department of Transportation’s web page so bookmark it if interested. Better still, the maps can be saved to your computer.
Milepost Web
There are two maps for each county. Choose “General Highway Maps” or “Milepost Maps”. The latter is useful for locating car crashes on US and State routes heard on the scanner.

State Highway maps and railroad maps are clickable from the AL-DOT home page. - Welcome to ALDOT

The link in the above quoted post for individual county maps for Alabama has changed and is now corrected with this post. The new link is also here - Milepost Web

Status
Not open for further replies.