Escambia Co. Alabama County Fire going Trbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Escambia County, Alabama Rural Fire is going to a MotoTrbo Trunked System. They just got a ton of vhf frequencies. There will be three towers to cover the county. The County Road Department may join them as well. County Fire is still on 453.300 but they may not be for long.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Just found out today that ALL of The Fire Departments in the county will be on this system. This includes the towns of Atmore, Poarch Creek, Flomaton, and Brewton. They will be toned out on vhf then the units will be on Mototrbo Trunked System. Looks like Escambia County, Alabama has decided to put all of their eggs in one basket.

wise871

Database Admin
Someone is sure drinking the Mototrbo koolaid up there. Just keep him on your side of the state line please.

Attachments

• CL.jpg
    CL.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I think I have been hearing the tower climbers who are building this system. They are using a 166.125 MHz frequency that they are not licensed for. 166.125 is licensed for the Federal Forestry Service. The tower climbers are talking back to the ground. I hear the ground crew as well as the man on the tower. They were setting up a microwave dish to link up multiple repeaters on this new repeater system. They were full scale on my HT inside my work.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
This new trunked system is a nightmare for scanners. Not only will the scanner pick it up. It also has a control frequency that transmits all of the time. The signal is real wide. So It kills 2 -3 frequencies on each side of it. You may think you have all of the data frequencies locked out then all of sudden it changes controls again. So back to locking out more frequencies. Dont forget to unlock the first set you locked out. There is no pattern when the controls change. So far 6 controls found.

wise871

Database Admin
For such a small community that system is serious overkill. Your probably the only one who monitors them. ��

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Sure enough interference did happen. Crestview, Florida are having troubles listening to their firefighters. Not sure what is going to happen now. The system is at a stand still. Looks like they may have to go back to the FCC and request different frequencies to use. .

Status
Not open for further replies.