Decatur Al Police frequency help????

Status
Not open for further replies.

csuggs73

Does anyone have info about Decaur Al police frequency 460.325? Have they switched to a trunking signal or having problems with the main frequency? It has been quiet since yesterday afternoon and I can't find any info as to why. Any info would be much apreciated. Thanks...

csuggs73

I think they have switched over permanately Ch.1 andCh.2 are both silent. Thanks for the reply.

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
csuggs73,
It does indeed sound like DPD has switched over to the AFRN digital system permanently. You will need a P25 digital capable scanner to pick up the AFRN network.

I just updated the live audio hardware for the Decatur/Morgan CO Public Safety feed to reflect this change and change to some better hardware!

Here is the feed link if you are interested in listening until you can get another scanner:
Decatur and Morgan County Public Safety

csuggs73

Thanks for the link and for providing the feed. I will use it until I can upgrade. Monitoring the scanners is one of my favorite hobbies. Thank you again for the live feed from me and everyone who listens locally.

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Glad to help! Thank you for the kind words on the feed!

Here is a page of some digital scanners, just about any of which should work for the new system in use:
Digital Police Scanner Radios

You might also check Amazon.com as their prices are usually very competitive.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.