DEA or FBI Frequences ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker44

Hello, I have a good many DEA and FBI frequencies programed in my rig .
I have had them programed in the rig for quite a while , but I never hear any thing on them.
Here lately I have been thinking about just removing them , but first I wanted to ask if any one knew of any active frequencies in the Jefferson County Alabama area ????
With no more activity than I have herd , they may not be worth fooling with.
TNX

ecps92

Listening to Federal Agencies, is not like listening to your Local PD/FD/EMS/DPW

There maybe little to no traffic for weeks/months at a time, then all of a sudden, LIFE.

IS this an Analog or P25 Radio ?? As much of the Federal LE have gone P25
As to ENC, that varies by event, region etc, not everything is 100% ENC, only your local constant
monitoring will confirm or debunk that.

Hello, I have a good many DEA and FBI frequencies programed in my rig .
I have had them programed in the rig for quite a while , but I never hear any thing on them.
Here lately I have been thinking about just removing them , but first I wanted to ask if any one knew of any active frequencies in the Jefferson County Alabama area ????
With no more activity than I have herd , they may not be worth fooling with.
TNX

Tracker44

TNX a bunch for the information.
I have alot of them programed in the rigs , and really all it seems they do is take up room..
I have an analog and a P25 rig.
Is there certain frequencies that may be better in my area , if so would you have any idea whay they may be.????
TNX again.

ecps92

You can use the Freq's listed in the Wiki and RRDB, however what is used in one Region could be a different agency in another.

Best to search the bands
162-174 @ 12.5 Khz and 400-420 @ 12.5 Khz

TNX a bunch for the information.
I have alot of them programed in the rigs , and really all it seems they do is take up room..
I have an analog and a P25 rig.
Is there certain frequencies that may be better in my area , if so would you have any idea whay they may be.????
TNX again.

Tracker44

OK TNX again , it seems that a spread of frequencies then is more than likely the best .
And that is about what I have , I will keep checking for a while before a complete removal takes place.
Take Care

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
FBI, DEA, ATF, etc. don't have the same radio traffic as most law enforcement agencies. They're not normally dispatched on the radio and a great deal of their daily communication is by cell phone.

marksroberson

I was walking out of school to my car, I guess it was last year and saw a traffic stop on the road, someone I know had their car parked near it and drove over to tell me that they had DEA on their vests, I got in my car and turned on the scanner, once they had finished up whatever they were doing they called dispatch and gave them their status, it was unencrypted and I think it was the 413 frequency in Birmingham, I don't really listen out for them, but that was one of the times I have heard them talking.

Tracker44

Hello, marksroberson and TNX for the information.
What was the whole Frequency ?? 413 ??
I have 413.975 is that it ??
TNX again

pilotman6012

99.9% of their stuff is going to a non tracking format,so No scanner in the world will pick them up,even the ones that do now P-25 Digital at least 95% of their stuff is encrypted.You might hear stuff every once in awhile,but rare,everything up here is Encrypted,however ,when they are using aircraft sometimes you can hear them on their aircraft frequencies.LIMO is used by FBI related Aircraft and FLINT DEA aircraft.

Tracker44

TNX pilotman6012 for the information. That is why I have been thinking about just deleting all FBI and DEA frequencies I have programed in my rigs . I have alot of them that I just dont ever hear any thing on .
It will just make room for something else.
It seems that evan if you do hear something it would be very little and very short more than likely.
TNX again .

ecps92

Non Tracking ? hmmm Do explain more.... :roll:

As to the ENC ?? I wish folks would stop with the blanket statements
Only You know Your own area, of areas you regularly visit.

99.9% of their stuff is going to a non tracking format,so No scanner in the world will pick them up,even the ones that do now P-25 Digital at least 95% of their stuff is encrypted.You might hear stuff every once in awhile,but rare,everything up here is Encrypted,however ,when they are using aircraft sometimes you can hear them on their aircraft frequencies.LIMO is used by FBI related Aircraft and FLINT DEA aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.