ALEA Reopens Quad Cities Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbryant2

Apparently the Jacksonville post's radio room is reopen as well. For the past month or so I have heard Birmingham post traffic with Jacksonville. Not sure if it's 24/7 yet. Seems like I still hear ALEA Central's terrible audio quality at times - maybe on the midnight shift.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
Where is ALEA Central located? Haven't listened much lately, but I was hearing Central clearly in south St. Clair County.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info.

I had previously assumed that Central would be Montgomery, but I was hearing Central respond to cars as well as I was hearing Jacksonville. Seems strange since, line of sight, the post in Montgomery is almost exactly twice as far from me as the post in Jacksonville (77mi. vs 38mi.) I'll have to start listening more regularly to see if I still hear Central.

morganAL

The posts are connected to the repeater sites via wireline/T-1 and I believe ALEA Central has capability of talking on any of the sites in the State.

RadShackFan

Montgomery No Longer ALEA Central

I listen to Montgomery and Opelika units being dispatched. In the past couple of days they are no longer using ALEA Central, but are dispatching using Montgomery or Opelika State. Opelika must have re-opened because the voices dispatching Opelika units are no longer the same ones as Montgomery (as previously).

Don't know if this holds true between 10PM & 6AM, but it does during the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.