Status
Not open for further replies.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
I was taking pictures of the new CCT jet at the airport 2-3 weeks ago. To get good shots, I was taken on top of the tower and given a radio to keep in touch with the pilots as they did flybys. The channel was 123.45. They told me that channel is the one pilots around the airport use to talk to each other. Like a talk-around channel. (Note: this isn't a UAB channel)

Steve

Keep that frequency in a scanner and be prepared for some freaky stuff. I have heard pilots talking about family, friends, buying gifts/presents, "what you doing" talk and anything else under the sun. It runs from the funny to the disturbing.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

dgoodson

Feed Provider
My experience is that the frequency "one two three four five" (123.45) is pretty universally an aviation chit chat channel, to the point that I don't think the FCC/FAA even tries to assign it to anyone. Its like "CB radio" for the aviators.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I've heard 123.45 used up here from casual flight school a/a (usually two or three on a cross country) to airliners talking back and forth with ex co-workers and such and even heard the 187th FW F-16's (cs: BAMA) using it to communicate a/a and air to ground to coordinate a flyover of LP Field here in Nashville.

Randmaster

The Family Geek
Hey... I've heard that same frequency a LONG time ago. Two people were speaking Spanish on it or something. Till then, I haven't heard anything else on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.