Alaska HF Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMojave

Hello All: Looking for Alaska MHF (.3 MHZ to 3MHz) and HF (3MHz to 30 Mhz) Frequencies.

Marine, Aircraft, Ham, CB, Commercial, Military, Gold Miners, Truckers, or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

With two rolls of 10 Gauge wire and a few acres, I am going to put up a shortwave listening antenna. So would like to hear from the Alaskan guys (or anyone else) what all the HF Frequencies are.

Yeah I have looked at the Data Base and have looked over the net.

Thanks for any help here.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert... just down the road ah ways from the fillin station

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at the Anchorage Amateur Radio Club KL7AA. They list both HF and VHF/UHF nets. Three of the HF nets are daily.

The ops I know up there (I'm an member of AARC) tell me that the Alaska Emergency Frequency is seldom used. There may be tests once and a while, but otherwise not much to be heard. Most ham equipment cannot transmit on 5.167 anyway.

I visit Alaska at least four times a year. Have taken portable HF equipment and tried to check in on the HF nets, but due to bad location, antenna and low power have not made any contacts. There is an active simplex VHF/UHF net every Tuesday evening in Anchorage. All bands from 10m to 1.2Ghz in use.

JayMojave

Hello All: Ok good deal good inputs here.

I will compile all the HF Frequencies and came back and list them, again thanks for the input here.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert...... The Mojave Desert has much more to offer than driving for miles and miles and running out of gas on your dirt bike.

juneau

Feed Provider
Try the Alaska public fixed frequencies ((search google for list) they are used by some bush residents and lodges, I use 4.035 usb from time to time.
HF marine 4.125 is super active as well as uscg 5.696 for the aviation ops. I am still looking for the national guard freq's here, they just installed a huge log periodic antenna just down the road from me.
Second on the 4.441 usb freq, the yukon/BC trappers have a nightly check in at 6 or 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.