RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > All Other Scanner Manufacturers

All Other Scanner Manufacturers - The forum to discuss all other scanner manufacturers not listed above.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Default Help re Regency HX1200 scanner

My HX1200 is reflecting Er Err on its display screen. I have reviewed the manual but it only refers to that display reading when an incorrect frequency has been entered. I am not aware of any incorrect frequency being entered and I am not able to find a way to clear the error message. If one of the members on this site can offer some assistance it will be grealty appreciated.
Thank you,
murray dey
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2008, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor View Post
My HX1200 is reflecting Er Err on its display screen. I have reviewed the manual but it only refers to that display reading when an incorrect frequency has been entered. I am not aware of any incorrect frequency being entered and I am not able to find a way to clear the error message. If one of the members on this site can offer some assistance it will be grealty appreciated.
Thank you,
murray dey
Check all the keypad buttons and make sure none of them are stuck in the pushed in position.
That's about all I can suggest on this unit. I had one of these many years ago and it was one
of the worst scanners I ever owned due to all of the internally generated noise. It sounds like
its an internal connection or logic problem if the buttons do not yield you any solution.
Old 08-13-2008, 7:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Those scanners are notorious for doing that. It is some type of internal problem. I sent mine to Regency back in 1988 with the same problem. They could not repair it. I've talked to many others who had the exact same issue. The only solution is to turn the scanner off when FrERR is on the display, then turn it back on again. Of course, the FR ERR will appear again without warning at some point. Too bad because that was an awesome scanner back in the day!!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:15 PM

Thank you for your comments. The Err message appears in all modes (manual, scan, search, etc.) and I am not able to remove it (turning on and off has no effect). If you have any further ideas they would be most welcome.
Thank you again for your information.
Old 09-19-2013, 7:28 PM

Default regency hx 1200 error

I have the regency HX 1200. I get the same error on mine. I found out that without the charger plugged in the error shows up, no matter how many times I turned it on and off. I plugged it in and the error is gone. checked battery and it was on its way out. only 6.5 volts in it.Chances are your battery is going on you also.
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2013, 7:36 PM

Default battery for the Regency HX1200

I am trying to find a battery for my Regency HX1200. The battery part # is MAR917. Anybody know where I can find one. The plug has 3 wires, red,white and black. The only batteries I can find have 2 wires.
Old 09-19-2013, 8:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Only thing i found is this.Might help you out not sure.
MA917HDX, BATTERY PACK FOR REGENCY HX1000 HX1200 - Scanner World - The Largest Dealer of Scanning Radios in the World
Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 AM

Default Regency HX1200 scanner

Remove the battery cover tip radio to remove the battery look for the toggle switch ..........toggle the switch put battery back in the radio replace cover ........... reprogram the radio and good luck !!!
Old 09-28-2018, 10:36 AM

Did/does the 1200 have a charging (drop-in) stand like the HX1000 did/does in addition to the charging port on the bottom of the unit?