Help re Regency HX1200 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

motor

My HX1200 is reflecting Er Err on its display screen. I have reviewed the manual but it only refers to that display reading when an incorrect frequency has been entered. I am not aware of any incorrect frequency being entered and I am not able to find a way to clear the error message. If one of the members on this site can offer some assistance it will be grealty appreciated.
Thank you,
murray dey

fineshot1

My HX1200 is reflecting Er Err on its display screen. I have reviewed the manual but it only refers to that display reading when an incorrect frequency has been entered. I am not aware of any incorrect frequency being entered and I am not able to find a way to clear the error message. If one of the members on this site can offer some assistance it will be grealty appreciated.
Thank you,
murray dey

Check all the keypad buttons and make sure none of them are stuck in the pushed in position.
That's about all I can suggest on this unit. I had one of these many years ago and it was one
of the worst scanners I ever owned due to all of the internally generated noise. It sounds like
its an internal connection or logic problem if the buttons do not yield you any solution.

Nasby

Those scanners are notorious for doing that. It is some type of internal problem. I sent mine to Regency back in 1988 with the same problem. They could not repair it. I've talked to many others who had the exact same issue. The only solution is to turn the scanner off when FrERR is on the display, then turn it back on again. Of course, the FR ERR will appear again without warning at some point. Too bad because that was an awesome scanner back in the day!!

motor

Thank you for your comments. The Err message appears in all modes (manual, scan, search, etc.) and I am not able to remove it (turning on and off has no effect). If you have any further ideas they would be most welcome.
Thank you again for your information.

camaro1973

regency hx 1200 error

I have the regency HX 1200. I get the same error on mine. I found out that without the charger plugged in the error shows up, no matter how many times I turned it on and off. I plugged it in and the error is gone. checked battery and it was on its way out. only 6.5 volts in it.Chances are your battery is going on you also.

camaro1973

battery for the Regency HX1200

I am trying to find a battery for my Regency HX1200. The battery part # is MAR917. Anybody know where I can find one. The plug has 3 wires, red,white and black. The only batteries I can find have 2 wires.

tprmutch

Regency HX1200 scanner

Remove the battery cover tip radio to remove the battery look for the toggle switch ..........toggle the switch put battery back in the radio replace cover ........... reprogram the radio and good luck !!!

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
Did/does the 1200 have a charging (drop-in) stand like the HX1000 did/does in addition to the charging port on the bottom of the unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.