Galaxy DX 959 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al42

For a CB running legal power any 4 amp supply should be more than sufficient. Just check the fuse - the CB can't draw more current than that, and usually doesn't draw more than about 75% of the fuse rating.

That CB has SSB at 12 watts, more if tuned a little. I would suggest at least a 10 amp continuous supply. 30 amps is a little overkill, but 4 is not enough--you have to allow some headroom, you don't want to work the power supply too hard.

Scan-Denver

Highlander_821 said:
That CB has SSB at 12 watts, more if tuned a little. I would suggest at least a 10 amp continuous supply. 30 amps is a little overkill, but 4 is not enough--you have to allow some headroom, you don't want to work the power supply too hard.

This is assuming the radio hasn't had any modifications.

Al42

Highlander_821 said:
12 watts (PEP) of SSB shouldn't, unless you're compressing the audio (which would probably push the power quite a bit over the legal limit), take even 4 amps CCS. Remember, it's only 12 watts (1 amp at 12 volts) on peaks. If the supply is really 4 amps (not those cheap supplies that can put out 4 amps for half a second while generating enough heat to overcook a whole steer) there's more than enough overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.