The Sony Wavehawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmp883

One of the many scanners in my collection, and the only handheld I own, is the Sony Wavehawk (non-PC version) that I purchased right after they came on the market years ago.

I don't use it as much as I thought I would have due to the fact that the 'Squelch' control has been an issue with this unit almost from taking it out of the box. When the unit is operating I find that I have to keep turning the squelch up higher and higher until it gets to the point that the only signals I'll receive will be those that are transmitted from a radio that is literally right next to me.

It doesn't seem to matter what frequency band I'm in, it occurs on all of them. I guess if I'd been smart :confused: I would have returned the radio right away. Now that I've found RR.com I'm hoping someone here might be able to help out. I'm hoping it's something that can be replaced or repaired. I spent ten years as an electronics assembler/tech and even though that was years ago, I think I remember how to solder and do other basic mechanical-type things.

Thanking everyone in advance! :shock:

jmp883

Thanks, I did.....

Got an e-mail back from the moderator requesting an e-mail as to why I want to join the group and requesting the serial # of my radio. He is requesting this to verify I own a Wavehawk and to prevent spammers from joining his group. Unfortunately I work from 6pm to 6am and won't be able to e-mail him with the serial number until I get home later this morning.

Thanks again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.