Veetronix Emergency Alerting Receiver???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdoggg

Does anyone know anything about them and how good they work?
Looking at using one in the fire house for stan alerting.

Here is my Questions:
Will it work on the new VHF NB?
How do you program it?
Will it hold 2 sets of 2-tone formats?

Cant find much info on them...

Thanks,
Bigdoggg

kf8yk

Does anyone know anything about them and how good they work?
Looking at using one in the fire house for stan alerting.

Here is my Questions:
Will it work on the new VHF NB?
How do you program it?

This unit is a repackaged Uniden BC350A scanner, with a custom front panel & a two tone or CTCSS decoder added. To program the radio the original Uniden front panel is plugged in & the programming procedures from the scanner manual is followed.

Receiver specifications can be found in the 350A manual: http://www.uniden.com/pdf/BC350Aom.pdf

While this scanner does not have a 'narrow' receiver setting it can receive narrowband transmissions, with the caveat of lower receive volume & reduced adjacent channel interference protection. Also note the VHF & UHF step sizes of 5 kHz & 12.5 kHz, you may not be able to set this receiver on many new 'splinter' frequencies that are created by the narrowbanding rules.

bigdoggg

Ok thanks for that info! I'm also looking at maybe a moto cm200 radio to activate the stan alert if I can figure out how to program it for that...

lipinsky

Feed Provider
Fully Programming the Veetronics 2TR9

This unit is a repackaged Uniden BC350A scanner, with a custom front panel & a two tone or CTCSS decoder added. To program the radio the original Uniden front panel is plugged in & the programming procedures from the scanner manual is followed.

Receiver specifications can be found in the 350A manual: http://www.uniden.com/pdf/BC350Aom.pdf

While this scanner does not have a 'narrow' receiver setting it can receive narrowband transmissions, with the caveat of lower receive volume & reduced adjacent channel interference protection. Also note the VHF & UHF step sizes of 5 kHz & 12.5 kHz, you may not be able to set this receiver on many new 'splinter' frequencies that are created by the narrowbanding rules.

We are trying to set this up for my ambulance corps.

If I get a 350A and remove the front panel I can program the frequency for the Fixed Alert Monitor (?), but how can the Quick Call II frequencies be set? Has anyone done this?

cg

Premium Subscriber
You would be better getting a radio that was intended for what you are trying to do then cobble together an old scanner for alert monitoring.
Try to locate a CDM750/1250/1550 or similar as they have an two tone sequential decoder built in. If you really need to go cheap, you can look for something like a Uniden 15 and set up the two tone decode.
Either way, you may need a PA amp to send the signal throughout the building.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.