EF Johnson LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i have an EF Johnson 8565....will it do MultiNet....and how do you know what series the radio is??? like CR or CM?....and is it Keypad programable?

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
There is a manual at http://www.efjohnson.com/PDF/manuals/18560381.pdf

It is MultiNet capable but you need programming software, an interface cable, and the system key forthe system you want to operate on or monitor. The radio will attempt to affiliate with the system on power up and can be disabled by the system unless programmed to turn off those functions. If you bought one of the radios on Ebay recently and have no system authorization, I doubt that you will even be able to use it for listening.

jim202

Your SOL on trying to program that radio on a trunking system even to monitor. You can't set the channels up in the trunking mode without a system key. Johnson won't send you one without a form filled out from the system administrator. Good luck.

Jim

pro92b said:
There is a manual at http://www.efjohnson.com/PDF/manuals/18560381.pdf

It is MultiNet capable but you need programming software, an interface cable, and the system key forthe system you want to operate on or monitor. The radio will attempt to affiliate with the system on power up and can be disabled by the system unless programmed to turn off those functions. If you bought one of the radios on Ebay recently and have no system authorization, I doubt that you will even be able to use it for listening.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i'm not looking to use the radio, i have interested buyers, i threw it up on ebay and got no bites, but a few people here are interested, i belive it will do conventional too??....but thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.